Well thanks to an article I read and the show iCarly, I ended up making some spaghetti tacos for my kiddos per their request. To my surprise they loved it and actually had seconds!! (Well my youngest did minus the tacos shell) That really shocked me, they usually hate spaghetti. But I did something different with it I wanted to make it healthier to balance out all the extra carbs. I used ground pork instead of beef and I added extra chopped onions, and I snuck in shredded carrots and mushrooms 2 things my kids won't eat. Again it was very surprising that they loved it. So this meal is definitely a keeper! So here is my own recipe for spaghetti tacos:
3/4 pound ground pork
1 TBS. olive oil
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 cup finely chopped button mushrooms
1 tsp. McCormick Basil & Garlic seasoning blend (has no MSG and no gluten)
1 26.5 oz can of Hunt's Traditional Style Spaghetti Sauce (or whatever spaghetti sauce you like)
A package of taco shells
1. Cook the pork until well done then remove meat.
2. On medium heat add the olive oil, onions, garlic, carrot, and mushroom and sautee until the onions are slightly transparent.
3. Add pork back into the pot and add the basil garlic seasoning mix in well and add spaghetti sauce.
4. Turn to high until boiling then turn down to medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. While the meat sauce simmers cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
6. Drain noodles and mix with the meat sauce.
7. Serve the spaghetti with the taco shells, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes and let people arrange the tacos to their own to their liking.
Makes about 8-10 tacos depending on shell size