Monday, August 17, 2009

Let the Cooking Begin!

Well my best friend April gave me a wonderful idea inspired from watching the movie Julie & Julia. Instead of cooking my way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I will pick some recipes from various cookbooks. The other difference will be that I will only do this perhaps twice a month maybe 3 times. I have two small children that will definitely make it a challenge to get around the kitchen. So I will write down how it turned out and how I feel about my meals.

I have like 13 ethinic cookbooks, and there are sooo many recipes to choose from. I am particularly interested in Balinese cooking. I've had a book for a while now. So I might start with that, I will be cooking in another 2 weeks though when I get my next pay check. Balinese ingredients seem a little pricey depending on what I cook, but I look foward to it. I love spicy exotic things. I also was thinking about making some Korean dishes as well. I got a Korean cookbook as a gift and I feel bad because I haven't made anything from it. I guess my 1st month of cooking will be Asian.

I can't wait to start. I am doing this for me I don't expect to get famous or really make any money from this (although that would be nice :D ) I love cooking and feeding my friends & family and enjoying eating what I made with them. So until next time!

1 comment:

April Violets said...

YAAAY! I'm really looking forward to this little adventure. I'll be starting my blog soon, too, probably esthetics, as you've suggested. I'm digging the new design, too. Kudos! :D